2013年5月15日星期三

Travelling Overseas??

The British Virgin Islands. Prague. Paris. London. Ireland. Spain. So many fabulous places to go…. So little time! I want to see and learn as much as I can. But I’ve learned some valuable lessons on our travels, and want to offer you some thoughts to consider before you take your trip out of this country.

Call your bank and credit card companies: Let them know what your travel itinerary is – where you going and which dates you’ll be there. I learned this one the hard way. Larry and I travelled to the Bahamas and I didn’t have the first problem – until I returned to St. Louis! I was trying to purchase a birthday gift when I returned, and my card was declined. I stepped aside and immediately called my bank, and found out that my activity was deemed “suspicious” because of my recent purchases overseas.Find a great selection of christian louboutin shoes deals ! Needless to say, I told them to lift the restriction on my card and that I would inform them of future travel plans. I’ve never since had a problem.

Find out what the currency exchange is for the country you are visiting – and consider getting Traveler’s Cheques before you go: Theft happens; getting Traveler’s Cheques before you go can give you great peace of mind! You can get these at your bank or any bank institution or credit union. American Express, AAA and MasterCard now offer a pre-paid card,We have high quality replica breitling watches, you can not miss the best Tag Heuer Replica Watches online. which is accepted anywhere Visa or MasterCard are accepted. They offer a “zero liability” card which allows you to get your money back if your card is lost or stolen. You can usually get this back within 24 hours – but be sure to keep the verification number they give you separate from your card.Looking for cheap rolex watches? If so, why not come to this store!

Consider Travel Insurance: Check your medical insurance to find out if overseas medical coverage is provided. If not, consider getting supplemental travel insurance. When my husband and I took an independent sailing trip around the British Virgin Islands two years ago, I purchased travel insurance.why christian louboutin sandals so popular in uk? I realized that if a serious injury occurred while we were on board our Catamaran, we would likely need to be airlifted to a local hospital. Our travel insurance covered airlift and hospital costs until we could get back to the United States. It wasn’t expensive, and thankfully, we didn’t need it; but it gave me great peace of mind to know it was there for us if necessary. If you don’t know where to get travel insurance, call or email me and I will help you.

When it comes to safety, don’t be cheap: It’s true – you get what you pay for. Hostels can be “adventurous” (I guess; but then, I think camping is staying at a hotel without room service…), but you should always thoroughly check reviews. My recommendation? Don’t take risks when it comes to money or your personal safety. A more expensive, American hotel is usually a better alternative. Be sure you also check online for reviews regarding the area in which you are staying. No one wants to be mugged in the street en route to even the safest hotel.

Don’t assume everyone is your friend: Always expect that people are “casing” you. Even the most modest of us appear very rich in other countries. I had a good friend whose husband bought her a gorgeous Prada purse overseas – and it was stolen right off her chair as they sat enjoying lunch. Her brave husband got it back, but it was a hard lesson learned; never let your guard down. Watch your phones, iPods and cameras. Also – don’t leave your luggage unattended and never accept a package from a stranger. Leave the fabulous jewelry – rings, watches, etc. – at home. I leave my wedding ring with our jeweler and wear a very simple band. None of it is worth losing life or limb.

Stop posting your every vacation move on FB, already! Exercise restraint and post those fabulous vacay pictures when you get home. I know, it’s so fun to share those pictures and good times with your friends. But if you don’t have exceptional Facebook security, you should assume that your posts are reaching friends of friends of friends – people you may not know, who now know you – and may know how to find where you live. So wait until you’re safely home to share those great memories.

Leave copies of your itinerary and passport: Be sure your family and/ or friends you trust have your itinerary and passport information. I have several friends who endured hardship when their passport was stolen.Welcome to Michael Kors Handbags Outlet online now. You’ll be so glad to have someone you can reach for this information if you ever need it.

Be sure you have an Advance Directive (aka Living Will): Travelling with a significant other? Be sure you have an Advance Directive. Even if you don’t have a significant other, this is an important way to ensure your wishes are carried out regarding your medical care if you are unable to understand or communicate your wishes.

没有评论:

发表评论