2012年11月21日星期三

Shopping therapy

I have made it a point to spend more time with the important people in my life since becoming one of the displaced minions of corporate America. Last weekend I called my sister, Kim,Men's Clothing Canada Goose Womens New and Coats from the current Duvetica Goose Down Jackets Collection. who strangely enough also is a recent casualty of corporate downsizing. I invited her to go shopping -- something I know would pick up her spirits.

Kim was already on the road when I called. I had to fade down the volume of my earpiece to avoid the high-pitch scream that came from her as she begin telling me about where we should go and the real threat in her shopping arsenal -- a 60% off Stein Mart coupon.

Kim made great time and we hit the seasonal section of our first stop to buy some holiday decorations.A new Canada Goose Womens Resolute creates a clean read by getting a discreetly cinched stomach or thinner furrows solely. Kim was searching for a tree for her front porch, and I needed a few pieces to finish the den. The place was packed,For sale is a Canada Goose Resolute Parka men's jacket. and sometimes the shoving got pretty intense, but I justified my behavior by rationalizing that those elderly shoppers knew the risks when they decided to brave the half-off aisle.

We finished there and set off for the main event -- Stein Mart. We entered the store, and Kim's demeanor immediately changed. She gave me a 20% off coupon, told me the men's section was to the left, then, clutching her 60% off coupon like a dagger,Women's Canada Goose Trillium Parka Graphite ,The design of Canada Goose Parka is the good combination of style and function. flung herself into the bowels of the women's red dot sale section.

I thought at one point I heard an African wail, like the one from “The Color Purple,” right before Celie was about to shave Mister, but it could have been just my imagination.

After about an hour I gathered my few items and went searching for Kim. The search was like being in jungle combat. Every now and then among the skirts and blouses some woman would emerge, like the one with the same sweater in five different colors, or the short red haired woman screaming into her cell phone “No, everything is 60% off,” before she disappeared back into the underbrush of the cotton blend canopy.

Kim finally came from nowhere holding several items, looking wild eyed, smiling and exclaiming the deals she had found, but she said she had to try on a few skirts to make sure they fit.

Time seemed to stand still, similar to the special effect where one element is stationary and everything else is sped up all around it.The Canada Goose Constable Parka has a removable hood and is a slim, modern fit which makes it ideal for city streets or Arctic tundra. I stood there in the aisle clutching my few items as women shoppers raced all around me like a legion of animated pre-Black Friday leaf cutter ants.

I finally set off to locate Kim but found myself in a strangely familiar but awkward place outside the women's dressing room. Something in my past training as the only male in a house full of women kicked in, and I deftly picked up a few skirts from a nearby rack. A man just standing outside the women's dressing room might be suspect, but if you saw some poor slob standing there holding women's garments, you might figure that he should just be pitied and ignored, like an Egyptian shopping eunuch.

After a few minutes I saw my sister making her way through the red-dot jungle. Hey, she was not even in the dressing room. I replaced the skirts and thanked God the dressing rooms were not in the bra and panty section. Been there; done that.

Kim came toward me waving a skirt and jacket, her new interview outfit, like they were two African wildebeest pelts she had brought down during safari.

We finally took our place in the cashier line. I was tired, hungry and broke, and of course only two of my items were covered under my 20% off coupon, but the sight of my sister's smile and the sounds of her excited squeals when she realized the savings from her 60% off red-dot excursion were…well, priceless.

Here's to being thankful for the loved ones in our lives. Happy Thanksgiving!

没有评论:

发表评论